Friday, October 8, 2010

Grocery eater



I love it when this happens. That is, when you can see a big bunch of bananas hanging in the kitchen...because that means we have groceries. Bananas are the first thing to go in our house, so when they are fully stocked, you know our cabinets are too.
It's funny how much more grocery shopping you do when you have a little one. When you're just a couple you can go weeks without going to the store. Sure, some nights you eat nothing but cereal or take-out, but it doesn't really matter. It did get annoying when your recipe asked for milk or eggs and you didn't have it, but that never happens now. I'd forgotten how good "kid" food is. Grilled Cheese? Gooooood. I always have fruit and vegetables, which is also a good thing.
Remy is only 15 mo and I can't even imagine how much he'll eat when he's a teenager. I picture him and bunch of his friends going through our kitchen, kind of like that Tyson "Any'tizers" commercial. I hope that's the case, and it makes me smile thinking of the future. But, I'm definitely not in any hurry. I am enjoying every second of my time with Remy. I know I'll greatly miss it when he's no longer little. I KNOW I will miss him dancing spontaneously every time he hears music. I hope that lasts forever. OK, not forever...it would be a little strange if he did this when he was a teenager. But, I sure am loving it now.

1 comment:

  1. Laughing out loud hysterically. Any'tizers!! You kill me.

    ReplyDelete