Friday, April 23, 2010

For the love, will you put on a shirt!


Cody and I had a date night last week-end for my birthday. Dinner and a Movie (Date Night!...hence the title of this blog entry. See the movie, and you'll get it). While we were out, it got me thinking of how different a married date is compared to a first date. So, here's a list of how things would have been different if it had been a first date:


1) I would have washed my hair that day.


2) I wouldn't have told Cody where to park at the restaurant.


3) I wouldn't have told Cody to put his phone away (but I would have thought it).


4) I wouldn't have texted at the table (I would have waited to do that when I went to the bathroom).


5) Cody wouldn't have said inappropriate things to me all night.


6) I wouldn't have ordered the asparagus, because it cost more and I would have felt bad.


7) Cody wouldn't have questioned my appetizer choice.


8) I wouldn't have sung very loudly and offf key to the radio as we were driving to the movie.


9) We wouldn't have talked about our baby boy.


10) It wouldn't have been near as much fun.


I love Cody so much, and I am so excited when we get to go out. His birthday was the 21st, and he somehow got several restaturant gift cards for his birthday. More date nights, oh yeah!

1 comment:

  1. Just re-read this post again. So hilarious and true! Now...write another one, please.

    ReplyDelete